If you want to go pro se

Going pro se

If you want to go pro se (without an attorney) you need to do the following:

  1. Make sure you have the right form and have filled it out properly – you do not need to write a tome – just an outline of the facts.
  2. The form must be served upon the ex’s attorney or upon the ex if she no longer has an atty. If service is upon the ex and is by mail, make it certified, return receipt requested and regular mail (bring the green card to court or the notice that delivery was attempted but not made).
  3. Go to court on the hearing day with all relevant witnesses.